The PECB University Executive MBA program in Risk Management covers fundamental principles of risk management and the areas of its applicability, as such making the PECB University graduates experts in the field and a significant asset for an organization. The program candidates become competent to analyze an organization’s entire operations, from minor actions to complex ones, and to identify areas that are more prone to potential fraud and risk.
The candidates gain the necessary knowledge and skills that make them capable to recognize and identify business threats and turn them into business opportunities. The candidates also learn how to create risk management plans and to ensure they are effective for an organization, in order to strengthen the organization’s position in the market.
The courses within this program contribute significantly to the development of candidates’ analytical skills that enable them to strategically identify, evaluate, and mitigate risks. Candidates learn to develop and maintain a close and constant communication with all parties involved, to stay alert at all times for potential risks, to avoid any complications at the earliest stages, and to minimize any losses in the profit that might occur as a consequence.
An Executive MBA in Risk Management prepares candidates for managerial or executive positions in the fields where risk management would contribute to increases in the profit margin such as: corporate risk management, insurance risk management, risk management consulting or other related fields.
Program Learning Outcomes:
- Demonstrate how to create a risk management policy in an organization and explain how to enforce compliance.
- Conduct a gap analysis for comparison of various systems and develop a risk management plan for an organization.
- Implement relevant strategies and risk detection methods for identifying potential risks on time and develop a mitigation plan.
- Consult previous experiences to detect similar risks easier, and develop a disaster recovery plan.
- Analyze the organizational existing strategies for risk planning and monitoring, and perform the necessary improvements.
- Observe and report on the effectiveness of ongoing risk management efforts.
Executive MBA in Risk Management – Course Requirements (48 credits):
BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION CORE (12 credits)
- 3 Leadership and Organizational Behavior
- 3 Project Management
SPECIALIZATION (12 credits)
- 3 Risk Management
- 3 Incident Management
- 3 IT Corporate Governance Management
- 3 Emergency Management
ELECTIVE (select 2 courses for 6 credits)
- 3 Information Security Risk Management
- 3 Quality Management Systems Audit
- 3 Quality Management Systems Implementation
- 3 Asset Management Implementation
- 3 Asset Management Audit
- 3 Business Continuity MS Implementation
- 3 Business Continuity MS Audit
- 3 Business Process Improvement
- 3 Anti-bribery Implementation
- 3 Anti-bribery Audit
- 3 Private Security Operations Implementation
- 3 Data Protection
RESEARCH AND PROJECT ACTIVITIES (24 credits)
- 3 Business Communications & Presentation Skills
- 3 Research Methodology
- 3 Qualitative Methods in Social Sciences
- 3 Statistics for Managers
- 6 Capstone Project 1 (2nd semester)
- 6 Capstone Project 2 (4th semester)