The PECB University Executive MBA in Information Security Management prepares candidates to manage information security challenges technically and strategically whilst focusing the attention on the business aspect. Candidates of the program develop their technical skills on computer systems and gain knowledge on business management, as such gaining the necessary competencies to draw inferences between information security and business risks.
Possessing both technical and leaderships skills, the candidates are well-prepared to approach the implementation of security solutions in an organization. The courses offered in this Executive MBA program equip candidates with the required expertise to detect threats, assess risks, choose sound risk management practices and create innovative methods to make the organization more resistant to threats and disruptions.
Graduates of the program are capable to detect and approach security threats, conduct an information systems audit, and develop sound risk practices that allow the organization to continue its operations during a threat presence. The program is designed for candidates seeking managerial or executive positions in information security area.
Program Learning Outcomes:
- Interconnect business management and technology in a collaborative approach to information security.
- Manage the development, acquisition, and progress of an Information Security infrastructure.
- Demonstrate how to create an Information Security policy in an organization and explain how to enforce compliance.
- Design and implement networks, software and distributed systems in an Information Security perspective.
- Conduct a gap analysis for comparison of various systems and develop a security plan for an organization.
- Gain fundamental Information Security and business knowledge, and skills to assume a leading role in an organization.
Executive MBA in Information Security Management – Course Requirements (48 credits):
BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION CORE (6 credits)
- 3 Leadership and Organizational Behavior
- 3 Project Management
SPECIALIZATION (12 credits)
- 3 Information Security MS Implementation
- 3 Information Security MS Audit
- 3 Cybersecurity Management
- 3 Incident Management
ELECTIVE (select 2 courses for 6 credits )
- 3 Information Security Risk Management
- 3 Information Security Controls
- 3 Computer Forensics
- 3 Penetration Testing
- 3 Ethical Hacking
- 3 Data Protection
- 3 SCADA Security Management
- 3 Information Security in Health Management
RESEARCH AND PROJECT ACTIVITIES (24 credits)
- 3 Business Communications & Presentation Skills
- 3 Research Methodology
- 3 Qualitative Methods in Social Sciences
- 3 Statistics for Managers
- 6 Capstone Project 1 (2nd semester)
- 6 Capstone Project 2 (4th semester)